What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
I am Runxin Xu (许润昕), a master student at the Institute of Computational Linguistics in the School of EECS, Peking University, advised by Dr. Baobao Chang and Dr. Zhifang Sui. Prior to this, I earned my Bachelor’s degree at Shanghai Jiao Tong University advised by Dr. Xiaofeng Gao.
My research interests mainly lie in natural language processing, especially 1) document-level and few-shot information extraction, and 2) effective and efficient pre-trained language model.I am actively seeking for engineer or researcher position (graduate in 2023). Please drop me an email (A@B,A=runxinxu,B=gmail.com) if you want to chat.
Peking University, Sep. 2020 - Jun. 2023 (expected)
- Master student at the School of EECS.
- Advised by Dr. Baobao Chang and Dr. Zhifang Sui in Institute of Computational Linguistics.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2020
- Bachelor student at the School of Cyber Science and Engineering.
- Member of Advanced Network Laboratory advised by Dr. Xiaofeng Gao.
Alibaba Damo Academy, Mar. 2021 – present
- Research Intern advised by Dr. Songfang Huang, and Fuli Luo.
- Research topic: Pre-trained Language Model and Fine-tuning.
ByteDance AI Lab, Nov. 2019 – Jan. 2021
- Research Intern advised by Dr. Lei Li, Dr. Mingxuan Wang, and Jun Cao.
- Research topic: Information Extraction, Machine Translation.
Microsoft C+AI, July. 2019 – October. 2019
- Software Design Engineer Intern advised by Rome Li, Jinbo Wang, and Yan Zhang.
- Topic: develop a vscode code extension vscode-maven.
Publications and Manuscripts
* means equal contribution.
From Dense to Sparse: Contrastive Pruning for Better Pre-trained Language Model Compression. [PDF] [code]
Runxin Xu*, Fuli Luo*, Chengyu Wang, Baobao Chang, Jun Huang, Songfang Huang, Fei Huang.
BERT Raises a Child: Towards Improving Generalization for Large Language Model Fine-tuning. [PDF] [code] [Report]
Runxin Xu*, Fuli Luo*, Zhiyuan Zhang, Chuanqi Tan, Baobao Chang, Songfang Huang, Fei Huang.
Volctrans Parallel Corpus Filtering System for WMT 2020. [PDF]
Runxin Xu, Zhuo Zhi, Jun Cao, Mingxuan Wang, Lei Li.
(Win the first place of WMT20 Parallel Corpus Filtering tasks. Here is the result.)
Xiaomingbot: A Multilingual Robot News Reporter [PDF] [Report] [URL] [Youtube]
Runxin Xu, Jun Cao, Mingxuan Wang, Jiaze Chen, Hao Zhou, Ying Zeng, Yuping Wang, Li Chen, Xiang Yin, Xijin Zhang, Songcheng Jiang, Yuxuan Wang, Lei Li.
ACL2020, System Demonstrations.
An Enhanced Span-based Decomposition Method for Few-Shot Sequence Labeling. [PDF]
Peiyi Wang*, Runxin Xu*, Tianyu Liu, Qingyu Zhou, Yunbo Cao, Baobao Chang, Zhifang Sui.
Explicit Interaction Network for Aspect Sentiment Triplet Extraction. [PDF]
Peiyi Wang*, Lianzhe Huang*, Tianyu Liu, Damai Dai, Runxin Xu, Houfeng Wang, Baobao Chang, Zhifang Sui.
Adaptive Gradient Methods Can Be Provably Faster than SGD after Finite Epochs. [PDF]
Xunpeng Huang, Hao Zhou, Runxin Xu, Zhe Wang, Lei Li.
Hornors & Awards
- National scholarship. 2018, 2019, 2021.
- Outstanding Graduates in Shanghai Jiao Tong University. 2020
- A-class scholarship in Shanghai Jiao Tong University (top 1 in the major). 2018.
- B-class scholarship in Shanghai Jiao Tong University. 2017, 2019.
- Cyrus Tang Scholarship. 2018, 2019
- Arawana scholarship. 2017.
- Meritorious Winner in Interdisciplinary Contest In Modeling (top 8% of 11262 teams). 2018
- Introduction to Computing (Category C), Teaching Assistant, Fall 2020
- Email: runxinxu AT gmail DOT com
- Links: GitHub